CET : E091
COMED-K : E068
Kammavari Sangham (R) 1952, K.S.Group of Institutions
K.S INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, BENGALURU-560109
(Affiliated to VTU, Belagavi & Approved by AICTE, New Delhi)
"Practical Approach to Networking concepts
Dr.Ram P Rustage , MD Cavisson?s pvt Ltd and & Dr.Neelam Bavane
Day 1: HTTP Basics, set up, data transfer and tear down sessions on TCP and UDP protocols were conducted.
Day 2: Hands on Session on Persistent Connections, Cache-control, Hands-on Keepalive, cache, 304, E-tags an Auth
"Smart India Hackathon, a 36-hour non-stop coding event conducted by the MHRD in collaboration with the Government of India.
Two teams from KS Institute of Technology, Bengaluru have emerged victorious in this nation-wide competition.
place with a cash prize of 1 Lakh Rupees in Udaipur from the Ministry of Railways."
"Second place with a cash prize of 75,000 in Panipat from the Department of Telecommunication. "
"VideoKen-Applying Machine Learning to Support Human Learning
6th Semester CSE
Resource Person Dr. Manish Gupta"
"Fourth Generation Technologies
Resource Person Dr. Prakash, Former Chairman, CSI Bangalore chapter"
Prepare students to find Computer Solutions for the society through research and entrepreneurship with professional ethics.
Young, dynamic and energetic faculty.
State of the art facilities for carrying out research in Computer Science & Engineering and allied fields.
Excellent facilities to faculty like latest computer, laptop, laser printer, scanner, high speed internet connection etc.
Excellent infrastructure: building, space, class-rooms, seating arrangements, etc.
Adequate teaching aids like black/white boards, LCD projectors, etc.
Students highly sought by top class industries with good emoluments.
Excellent facilities for imparting training/courses to engineering & other faculty, students, community, etc.
Involvement of faculty members in institutional development work (automation, video conferencing, networking, etc.).
Transparency in academic and administrative processes.
Excellent teaching learning environment.
1) Engineering Knowledge: Apply knowledge of mathematics and science, with fundamentals of Computer Science & Engineering to be able to solve complex engineering problems related to CSE.
2) Problem Analysis: Identify, Formulate, review research literature and analyze complex engineering problems related to CSE and reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences
3) Design/Development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems related to CSE and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety and the cultural societal and environmental considerations
4) Conduct Investigations of Complex problems: Use researchbased knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5) Modern Tool Usage: Create, Select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to computer science related complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
6) The Engineer and Society: Apply Reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the CSE professional engineering practice
7) Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the CSE professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development
8) Ethics: Apply Ethical Principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice
9) Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary Settings
10) Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large such as able to comprehend and with write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
11) Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering management principles and apply these to ones own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multi disciplinary environments
12) Life-Long Learning : : Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning the broadest context of technological change
PEO1:Excel in professional career by acquiring knowledge in cutting edge technology and contribute to the society as an excellent employee or as an entrepreneur in the field of Computer Science & Engineering.
PEO2:Continuously enhance their knowledge in par with the development in IT industry and pursue higher studies in computer science & engineering.
PEO3:Exhibit professionalism, cultural awareness, team work, ethics, effective communication skills and apply their knowledge in social, environmental problems and computer technology.
1) Ability to understand, Analyze and implement programs in programming languages, as well apply concepts in core areas of Computer Science
2) Ability to use Computational skills in Mathematics, Algorithms and apply software knowledge to develop projects based on architecture of the system, data analysis to solve Real world problems.
3) Ability to participate in Teams and use computer knowledge in various domains to become successful Entrepreneur.
The Department of Computer Science & Engineering offers B. E and MTech in CSE. The department has well qualified, capable, Knowledgeable and Dedicated
faculty to provide qualitative, Industry tuned education to students with Unreserved support from the Principal
and HOD. The Department Infrastructure accomplishes and ropes learning skills on the latest technology in the industry.
The students are shaped with multi-dimensional skills covering all the required graduate qualities. Our mission is
to inculcate strong theoretical and practical knowledge for continuous learning, prepare students to find Computer
Solutions for the society through research and entrepreneurship with Professional ethics, encourage
team work in inter-disciplines and evolve as leaders with social concerns. Department staff and students are members
of Professional bodies like ISTE, IEI and CSI where students learn to do project, present technical papers
and work together which imbibes teamwork and leadership qualities. Department has Firefox club and GLUG to encourage
students talent in programming, debugging.
Every year department releases its newsletter Highlighting academic, Co-curricular activities of staff and students. Various workshops on programming skills, carrier guidance, cloud, Big Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, IoT and Networks remain active throughout the year to enhance the
skills of staff and students. Our department has several MOU with industries, R&D and training centers to give guidance, assistance and internships facilities for UG and PG students as well as collaborative research for PhD students.
Computer Science & Engineering Research and Development Center is established in the year 2014-15. The Management of the institution has supported financially to start the research activities. R&D is established to motivate Faculty and students to participate in various technical events such as conferences, technical quizzes and workshops to enhance their technical and soft skills. The CSE Department R & D center has 1 Doctorate guiding students towards Ph.D. in various areas. There are 03 research scholars pursuing their research in this center. We have dedicated R & D LAB, IEEE Access and Library facilities for all research scholars and research students. R & D Center has well qualified and experienced team of faculties and students involved in various research activities. The knowledge is shared and transfered to the industry through teaching, paper publications, collaboration, entrepreneurship, etc. By integrating engineering disciplines into one R&D department, we can address major challenges and develop complete solutions, serving as an international hub for engineering excellence. Faculty and students are involved in research activities and setup CLOUD in the R&D centre.
Financial grant of Rs.20.00 lakhs has been sanctioned for the Project titled Hybrid Real Time Intrusion Detection System under high Infrastructure Strengthening in Science and Technology (K-FIST) Level I scheme by VGST for the year 2013-14 under the guidance of Dr.Naveen N C.
Financial grant of Rs. 15,000/- has been sanctioned for the Student Project Titled Secure and precise data in a cloud for rural health care monitoring with mobility, for the year 2014-2015 under the guidance of Dr. N C Naveen.
Financial grant has been sanctioned for the Student Project titled Video Stitching and Object tracking , by KSCST 39th Series SPP for the year 2015-16 under the Guidance of Rekha B Venkatapur.
Financial grant has been sanctioned for the Student Project titled Predictive Analysis of diabetes using classification Techniques, by KSCST 39th series SPP for the Year 2015-2016 under the guidance of Pradeep K R,.
Financial grant has been sanctioned for the Student Project titled A PERSONALIZED MOBILE SERACH ENGINE (PMSE) , by KSCST, under UG student project proposal for the year 2013 2014 under the guidance of Mrs. NAGA MANJULA RANI.
Calender of Events Odd Sem 2017-18
About CSE R& D
KSIT R&D research scholar details -2017-May
FACULTY PUBLICATION LIST
Student publication list
LIST OF STAFF PURSUING PH.D- may2017
IEI , ISTE & CSI
M E (PHD)
DIPLOMA IN CSE
S.S.L.C, HARDWARE & NETWORKING